Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Married Up Cake

 
Anniversary Cake
 
 
I want to be romantic, but its not in my blood. I want to be that wife that writes long paragraphs on the Facebook proclaiming endless love. I just can't bring myself to do it. Sorry Husband.

 
So I'm not a huge fan of cake. I love to make/decorate them, but hands down I'd rather have a cookie. So this is just a layer 6 inch round of chocolate cake. Husband is the fan of the chocolate cake, this is how I show love. I frosted it with a nice chocolate buttercream.

 
I then decided after 8 years of wedded bliss that he deserved a cake dusted with love or cocoa powder. I think they're pretty much the same thing. I don't own a duster thing. Obviously I don't even know what I'm talking about. So I used a tea disperser ? I'm not even sure what its called, but I own it!

 
So I dusted the cake.. The End

 
Just kidding, there's more. So I felt like this should be a fancy cake. Rose= Fancy. I colored my white buttercream with red. Oh so fancy.

 
Use disposable decorating bags. No one likes to wash bags after you've spent hours on a cake and they always feel greasy.. nasty

 
Wilton 103 tip

 
Flower nail. Attach a piece of wax paper with a little icing on the bottom side so that it doesn't move around on you.

 
Fat side down. Twirl it girl!

 
That's your base. Just a little guy.

 
On to the base add petals in odd numbers. the first should have 3. Then the next layer 5. Finish off with some edible glitter... yummo! Perhaps I should do a detailed blog on buttercream roses, since I'm basically a doctor of flower making.

 
Then use your flower scissors to remove your flower. Yes that is a half chopped potato you see. I don't have 3 hands. Deal with it. 

 
Then just place your romantic red rose right onto your cake. I put roses all around the base of the cake.

 
whoops. Sometimes it just happens. Wipe it off and start over. It's all good!

 
Add your fancy text
" Your yearly reminder that you married up"
Pipe some hearts on the side. There you have it a wonderful romantic cake.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment