Sunday, June 8, 2014

Adult cheesecake bites

 
 BOOZY CHEESECAKE BITES
 
 
I love me some cheesecake and I love me some booze. Why not combine the two together??
 
 
First off let me just say that this originally was a huge fail. I mean like all of them got thrown away.  The problem, too much booze... way too much. The Jello calls for 1 1/2 cups of milk. I did 1/2 cup vodka and 1/2 cup Rum Chata. My first attempt in one word, GROSS!
 
 
 
Also in the picture where you see all of the ingredients needed, you may have noticed graham crackers. I've never claimed to be smart. So in the first batch I made a delicious graham cracker crust, pressed it into the cupcake molds. Then I was reading the side of the box. I'm thinking that there is no way you can make a crust out of 2 tbsp. of sugar and 5 tbsp. of butter and get that golden crust pictured above. Then I opened the box and saw that I am an idiot. Not often does that thought come straight from a box.
 
 
Second attempt I used the crust mix that comes in the box, it really doesn't taste bad. I got these all put together and chilling in the fridge. Perhaps I shall bring some to my co-workers. This is the recipe that doesn't taste like cough syrup.
 
Adult Cheesecake Bites
 
1 Jello cheesecake mix
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Cake Vodka
1/4 cup Rum Chata
 
Prepare your crust according to the instructions on the side of the box  :) Pat down into cupcake liners. Combine all other ingredients together and mix. Pour into crust cups. Chill for at least one hour. Serve with fruit sauce if you're feeling fancy.
 
 
Perhaps to make yourself feel a little better about drinking/eating in the middle of the day, maybe serve with a side of tea. Enjoy!
 
please drink/eat responsibly

No comments:

Post a Comment