Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cookie pop stand

So I had what I perceive to be a brilliant idea. A cookie pop, cake pop or lollipop stand made out of books! Great for graduations or another annoying pinterest teacher gift. The options are limitless.  First I went to the Goodwill and picked up some hard back books. Only 1.99! What a bargain.


Thing I gathered for this project include:
Books
Adhesive
Screws
Screw driver
I'm not going to lie. I thought about using a drill and drill bit, but i was afraid that i would set the books on fire from the friction. Science, its real.
First I applied adhesive to the back of the first book. Note I used a little too much and got a little too close to the edge, but its all good. 
Then I just tossed the book onto the base book. Just how you would see them sitting on a coffee table.
I tried to get a screw that was comparable in diameter to the lollipop stick.
Then with a screwdriver I just went for it. Also I went back with a permanent marker and colored the excess glue, can't even tell now.
Well.... As it turns out I has to go back with a bigger diameter screw and widen all the holes. 
So just imagine this sweet stand filled with cookie, cake or lollipops. I think I shall go bake something meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment