Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rainbow tank

RAINBOW TANK


Needed a fun tank top for a color 5K run. I got these white tank tops at the local Wal-Mart for $4. Not to bad :) But they are pretty plain, that's just lame. I looked around the house and came up with an idea. 
Rainbow Bow Tank Tops
These are going to be so fun to make.


Thanks to previous crafting fails, I had some scrap material. 


I ironed it first, because I like to store my material wadded up in balls. I think is saves space that way! Then I cut my piece into a square. I didn't measure, because i'm lazy and just didn't want to. Just eyeball it my friends, no point of making crafting hard.


Let's take a second to get real. This shirt is going to get stained and destroyed. I am NOT going to pull my 1970's sewing machine out for this project.  Moving on, I fold the material over on itself and sewed it by hand. Then I scrunched it up in the center and secured it.


POOF!!! A rainbow bow was born.


I made a larger bow to put onto the back of the tank. Again, being real, no one is probably going to even see it because i'll be at the back of the pack. This 5K is for fun, no one should be there to compete. I just tacked it on to the back of the shirt on all the points of the bow.


I had extra material and extra time, so I made a tiny baby bow! Ahh, just look at it. Just follow the steps above, but in a tiny way. And there you have it. A customized rainbow bow tank top for $4. 

No blood was lost in the making of this craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment