Friday, May 16, 2014

Super cake


SUPER DUPER CAKE



I don't even know where to begin.. So I'll start from the beginning. My sister wanted a cake that said " Super Star " with and star and skull and cross bones. I should probably throw in there that she is 30 years of age. She being the trophy wife asked me with the husband, 2 jobs, 4 cats and a gross dog ( ELMER) to do this for her. Of course I said " YES !"


I baked a 11" by 15" marbled cake. Then I frosted it with chocolate hazelnut buttercream. If I were not technology challenged I would link you to my recipe that I used. If you want it probably just scroll down to my other blogs. 


Then I piped stars around the base of the cake using a Wilton 1M tip. Super easy to do. This really is a no fail border for a cake.


It is an easy border, that anyone could do. So to make people a little more impressed i added a  pearl sprinkle to each star. Hint of Sprinkles :) Do yourself a favor.. Go to the local dollar store and get a pair of tweezers. You will be able to place each sprinkle exactly where you want it. Then when people ask " How were you able to place each sprinkle right in the center?" You'll be able to share your trade secret. Then when they ask " Did you buy a pair of tweezers for your kitchen or did you just wash yours really good?" You'll be able to answer " Ewww, of course I bought new ones."


After the border I moved to the main attraction. I just used a Wilton 7 tip for the lettering. Then I drew the star using the kindergarten technique and the filled it in. I used a spatula to smooth out the star.


Skull Star Cake anyone??? This little dude is pretty tiny, I used a Wilton 4 tip. I drew a mushroom shape and filled it in. Then below I drew an X. I used my tweezers to place the eyes and two long chocolate sprinkles for the teeth gap. If I was thinking I could have saved the chocolate buttercream and piped over the white buttercream. Oh well, If that's the worst thing that happens, life is good. At the end of each line I piped a tiny heart. There you have it friends a skull and cross bones. 

** I also glittered the whole cake, because glitter makes people better people. Its a fact, check the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment